Thursday, January 28, 2016

A new year, a new adventure!

We are closing up the month of January and it's time to give a small update of our family's life and goings on! Buckle your seat belts, friends! Here we go!!! :

1.) After much prayer, many tears, lots of heartache mingled with Holy Spirit peace, Luke and I came to the understanding that we cannot purchase the lovely house and property that we've been renting for the last two years. It's been a hard decision as we've grown to love this town and the community we've been blessed to connect with, especially with not knowing where this will take us, but we've trusted the Lord for everything and He's never steered us wrong! We're praying He'll bless us with a home that meets our needs but still keeps us near the boys' school and the church we've planted roots in, but His will is perfect and ultimately that's what we want!

2.) I have five children. I have FIVE children. I HAVE FIVE CHILDREN!!!!! Holy cow, that seems like a lot and then at times it seems like we've always had this! These kids are amazing. And they drive me crazy often, but even as I lose my mind occasionally, I marvel at these five eternal souls living under my care. As our sweet Lillea nears her first birthday, I can't imagine life without her. She has given our family the breath of sweetness and joy that we didn't even know we needed until she showed up! She's owned her Daddy's heart from the moment they locked eyes and has given her big sister a run for her money in the cuteness department! Speaking of sister, our Zipporah is a ball of spunky, silly, sassy energy! And she has the volume to match! But oh how I love her creative mind and her helpful spirit! She's a spitfire, that's for sure!! The boys are excelling in school, all in their own ways, and winning their friends over with their joy, sweetness, and fun! I love being their Momma and know that no other job could compare or fulfill me more than seeing them grow into the people God designed them to be!!

3.) Luke is amazing. He continues to provide through his job with the Oregon Army National Guard Military Funeral Honors Program as the supply sergeant and the office admin NCO. His side business, Agape Custom Shop, has slowed down significantly by his choice, but he still continues to blow my mind with the level of quality and craftsmanship he provides when he does have builds! He is the best Daddy to our children, taking on the mantle of godly leadership and headship in our home and blesses us daily with his love, compassion, and leadership. I can't help but fall to my knees and praise God for a man that even in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined someone like him. Knowing that our journey is taking another leap soon here frightens me sometimes, but there is so much comfort and joy knowing I get to take it with him!

4.) I've had a small vision for life when we relocate to our new home, whenever and wherever that will be. My heart's desire to finally (FINALLY) start throwing again (for those who don't know what that means, it's the term you use for making pottery on a pottery wheel. You "throw" the clay on the wheel), will hopefully become a reality when we're home in our new home. With that hopeful reality, I would LOVE to make something of it to help my family out and still make it a ministry somehow. I tossed the idea out to Luke and with his full support, I'm hoping Dogwood Ceramics will be a blessing to our family and others. I have a lovely picture in my mind of a small studio on our property and a sign in front of our house advertising  Agape Custom Shop hanging directly above my Dogwood Ceramics. Can you join me in prayer for this "someday" to become a "soon"?

I can't think of much else to say at the moment that wouldn't be redundant, so I'll close this update with this: We are always grateful for God's provision in every situation and we are seeking to serve Him in gladness and joy even while we have no clue where it will take us. We trust in His wisdom and guidance, but mostly we trust in His Word. That is the lamp into our feet and the light unto our path that guides our lives and brings the peace that only He can provide. Thanks for walking this journey with us friends!!

Philippians 4:4

4 comments:

  1. So well written, my dear friend. I'm praying for you and your family. I know the Lord provides a way. He always does. <3 Leah

    ReplyDelete